PLS 1.36% $2.99 pilbara minerals limited

Recent reactions from GM and Ford of delaying transition into EV...

1. 757 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    Recent reactions from GM and Ford of delaying transition into EV is not new, but legacy car makers are paying their price for being arrogant. And will still work the way out, but it will be very hard, given the culture they are in, not just internally, but how they present socially, one good and recent example is about the 'UAW winning over the Big Three'. To be fair, this sector hire more than 17 Million people globally, and that is a huge responsibility too.

VW has started that union fighting thing 2 years ago, and still in that difficult transition, anyone remember they have planned cutting 30,000 jobs in coming 5 years, which announced in 2021, and they did cut quite a lot of in 2022, then CEO has gone, as a price. But that is what transition will look like.
    The recent UAW action is NOT going to stop the Big Three cut more jobs in the future, but may have put the cost higher to another level.

It's not just the Automakers need transition, but highly likely in the deeper and wider society. Are the social prepared for 5.1Million people (30% job cut) over the globe working in Automotive industry to loose their jobs because the manufacturing process is simplified and automated?

We are still in the early stage of the EV transition, way too early. Why I say that, because I have not yet seen any legacy car makers claim bankruptcy yet, similar as Kodak and Nokia lost their position in the Digital Device transition.

Do I want to see it? No, because I work in one of the legacy car makers.

Toyota may be late to the EV party, but they are smart and agile, and always focus on the affordability and reliability. I look forward to see what they can bring to the market.

For now, I will just ignore the moan from Auto-makers, as that is what the losers do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.99
Change
0.040(1.36%)
Mkt cap ! $9.003B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.88 $3.02 $2.86 $70.15M 23.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8500 $2.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.00 315120 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.