PLS 5.69% $3.16 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-35605

1. 568 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    I think, however the math is done here, 20A$ as PLS price is very very optimistic compared to the value where lithium was at 8000A$. But that is a dream of the future, and in the current scenario probably just dreams with no prospect of success.Much more important is how PLS deals with the situation. My great hope is that the PLS management will try to moderate the sell-off as far as possible. In other words, fulfil contracts and possibly sell everything above that at good prices or put it in stock. This is where BMX auctions should come into play again. On the one hand, in the hope of selling at a better price, on the other hand, to show the market that higher prices are feasible and thus redirect the downward spiral.

Even if there are more EV sales worldwide again, a little caution with the prospects is advisable. I can only mention the German market in particular, which is anything but rosy. The German manufacturers VW, BMW and Mercedes are insisting on their high-price strategy, i.e. you need around 35k euros to enter the EV world. Early adopters and high earners have bought, a subsidy for company purchases expired in September and the figures have collapsed dramatically. VW is planning a "cheap" car for around 25k for 2026, but whether it will stay that way and is feasible is written in the stars.

Acceptance among the population is also poor: high purchase price, range anxiety and, as has long been established, workshop visits in this country are probably not cheaper with an EV, on the contrary. In addition, electricity tariffs are very expensive in Germany, there is a very high proportion of rented apartments, and even if you wanted an EV, there are hardly any opportunities to charge it locally. Charging stations are few and far between. I don't even want to start talking about our politics and their other laws...., not even about the shorts.In my opinion, there's not much left of the original spirit of optimism.

The world is shooting and bombing itself into the ground and money that could have been used to do something for the climate, for research or development in the world is now being pocketed by Rheinmetall, Northrop and the like. Yes, that too will be resolved at some point, in a year's time there will be an election in the USA and Ukraine won't like that. It will probably be another 2-3 difficult years, we'll see what happens to lithium then. I hope we see the 5-6A$ again, I'm sure of that at the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.