PLS 0.00% $2.58 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-35993

1. 8,984 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4436

No need for me to get up you, you can post what you like, its up to myself and other members here to asses if worthwhile or not.

I believe we are well past the tipping point for EV adoption and other battery applications, yes economic conditions will play a role in rates of adoption, but that includes all major consumer purchases, EV, ICEV's or whatever, economic cycles my friend.

Economics wise, IMO the main trend to follow in less favorable conditions, is the lower battery material prices, and how that impacts battery costs, and therefore the cost of the end product applications, however low battery material prices also impacts availability of upstream capital investment in new and expansion projects/mines. So cheaper batteries increase the demand pull for batteries, while upstream mine supply stalls. I'm pretty sure, I don't need to tell you what that means when those two factors collide, a cycle within a supercycle which is playing out right in front of us now.

Things change reasonably quickly these days, over the past 2 years or so, I've listened to the talking heads bumping their gums about how natgas would play a major role in transitioning the grid to renewable energy generation through 2035. It seems that trend has run out of gas after 2 short years, because, wait for it, battery prices have fallen to a level which deems natgas peakers non-competitive, disruption in action.
    https://news.yahoo.com/giant-batteries-drain-economics-gas-071607545.html

So on the EV vs. ICEV front, cheaper batteries will fuel demand for EV's in the same way, especially the mass EV ($25k to $30k) market, nonetheless, many EV's will be cheaper in 2024 as battery material price contracts agreed in Dec 22 will roll over next month, it just takes time to wash through the supply chain.

On that last note, I'll get up you this way, zoom out and consider all the dots in the big picture, you'll be better for it, IMO, not advice, please DYOR wink.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.58
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.769B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.61 $2.65 $2.49 $78.76M 30.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 15582 $2.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.58 36624 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.