PLS 4.45% $2.79 pilbara minerals limited

Great to hear from you, though I might be on ignore. Mate I'm...

1. 508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Great to hear from you, though I might be on ignore. Mate I'm not against ev's as you seem to think. If I post something here it is just to give people that view - up to people to take it on board or not. All things are just someone's opinion - does not mean to say they are right. I will post the good bad and ugly - I won't just post the gushy stuff - plenty of that here.

If things happen they will happen whether it is government pushing or whatever. I'm not here to say yay or nay about people buying an ev - that is their decision. The report just said ev uptake will be 27% in 2030 as Bowen is pushing 80+% in 2030. 27% by 2030 equates to about 20% increase each year compounded from now to then. Uptake % will increase over time, peak and then decrease.

Correct me if I 'm wrong, ev this year will be about 8-9%. Also read yesterday ev represent about 1.3% of total cars in Aust. That is about 200,000 evs out of 15,000,000 cars - does not include motor bikes, light trucks vans etc. 20m if you include all of them. So there is a long way to go before we have even 50% in Aust. No petrol stations closed in my area yet - lol.

A couple of things I read lately.
    EV's - reduced numbers being sent (asian's) to Australia because manufactures can get better money/sell easier in other countries.
    Orders for 30,000 evs in Australia 700 delivered.
    In the us and canada 20% of new ev buyers are going back to ice.
    Local motor dealer (worker told me) they have sold 12 MGs - they only receive one at a time. They are sold very quickly.

It will all take time - quite a long time. Think of all the changes to car manufacturing plants - new production facilities - dozens. Manufactures can't build quick enough.
    How do we have 1-3-5-10m cars charging at home each night in Australia. How does the infrastructure handle it - power blackouts????

A couple interesting comments. In 10 years time I sell my ice - buyer pays $3k - buyer no more to pay. In 10 years I sell my ev for $3k - batteries nearly stuffed - buyer has to fork out $4-6-8-10k for new batteries.
    Person drove from Sydney to Melbourne - had to recharge 3 times - recharging cost more than petrol would have.
    Electricity to cost more in the future - will fuel/petrol cost less with less demand for it in the future.
    An ice has a fuel tank -with petrol - energy. An ev has a battery - just storage. It needs energy - electricity :- solar, nuclear, coal.

I just go with the flow. Many people here with strong bias and emotional attachment to lithium pls and evs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.79
Change
-0.130(4.45%)
Mkt cap ! $8.398B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.89 $2.92 $2.79 $56.11M 19.76M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 231594 $2.79

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.80 28889 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.