PLS 0.75% $4.01 pilbara minerals limited

i am thrilled by the optimism with which people are arguing...

1. 531 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    i am thrilled by the optimism with which people are arguing here. Yes, the figures from China and the overall figures worldwide show an upward trend in EV sales. I think I've mentioned it here before that things are anything but rosy for the spread of EVs in Europe and especially in Germany. There are definitely problems with sales. What do I attribute this to?
    I live in Saxony where VW has its first converted plant in Zwickau. In the last few years, production has been on a steep upward trend, with 1000 cars a day being produced. But since the middle of the year, this is no longer the case. In Germany, a subsidy for company cars expired in September and sales have slumped since then. A shift at the plant is currently being suspended for 3 weeks, officially due to a lack of parts, but the truth is more likely that sales are stagnating. A supplier told me yesterday that Tesla in Grünheide has also cut back massively, from 10k cars a week to maybe half that.

Furthermore, the management announced that under no circumstances will they enter the price war with the Chinese, who are pushing into Europe. so they want to continue their high-price strategy, a huge mistake in my opinion, because the first wave of well-off buyers has passed and a "normal earner" won't buy an EV for 35k euros here.

This is not bashing, I am knee-deep in PLS and hope that we will rise again at some point. Maybe I can't compare Germany with the rest of the world either. Our government is destroying prosperity with false environmental promises, we hardly have any EV infrastructure, we have some of the highest energy costs in Europe, the municipalities are groaning under the cost of asylum. And and and...

So the drivers for EVs will be other regions, I am very much hoping for the USA. It will be exciting to see what happens at tesla with the cybertruck. i hope for a success, even if it will start in marginal numbers. Anyway, all the crying, hoping and worrying is of little use. Hold on to your shares and don't give them to the shorters. For miners with liabilities and higher costs, it will soon no longer be economical to get anything out of the ground. Then we'll see what happens.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.01
Change
0.030(0.75%)
Mkt cap ! $12.06B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.98 $4.02 $3.94 $69.61M 17.44M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 384127 $4.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.01 158548 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.01
  Change
0.030 ( 0.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.99 $4.02 $3.94 4868697
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.