PLS 0.69% $2.88 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-36542

1. 573 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    Lepidolite is a lithium-rich mineral that contains lithium, along with other elements such as aluminum, silicon, and oxygen. The lithium content in lepidolite can vary, and it is typically found in the form of lithium aluminum silicate.While lepidolite does contain lithium, it is not typically used as a primary source for lithium production, especially for battery-grade lithium. Lithium for battery production is usually derived from lithium brines or lithium-containing minerals like spodumene.The lithium extraction process from lepidolite can be challenging and may involve complex and costly processing methods. In addition, impurities in lepidolite, such as iron and other metals, may affect the quality of the lithium concentrate produced.Spodumene is a more common and commercially viable source for lithium extraction. It is a lithium aluminum inosilicate mineral that is processed to produce lithium concentrates suitable for battery production. The extraction process from spodumene is well-established and widely used in the lithium industry.
    In summary, while lepidolite does contain lithium, it is not typically used as a primary source for battery-grade lithium due to the challenges associated with its extraction and processing. Spodumene remains a more common and economically feasible choice for obtaining lithium for battery production.

This was my understanding of lepidolite so I was suprised with this new narrative of massive new production of Chinese lepidolite being responsible for trashing the lithium spot price.Now I’m confused
    Last edited by FROG: 09/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.88
Change
-0.020(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $8.671B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.87 $2.93 $2.84 $50.85M 17.65M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $2.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.88 179945 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.