PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

It's really exciting to watch it finally happen. One thing to...

1. 361 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    It's really exciting to watch it finally happen. One thing to take into account is that technological advances can promote exponential improvements. It won't be as dramatic as Moore's law with computer tech where the power kept on doubling year after year. But we should get at least one cycle of doubling efficiency in battery technology in the next few years. So you can have the same range but half the battery size and weight, or you can double the range and have the same size battery as a current EV has. Don't forget longevity. Effectively it could halve the replacement cost of batteries. The scale advantage mentioned in that article will also bring down purchase prices. The sword of Damacles hangs over the ICE car. How can it survive given what's about to happen? There is no prospect of a petrol car going from 8L/100km down to 4.

Another big one could be the off-grid house. If you can double the number of charge cycles in a home battery before it needs replacing, it can become more economical to go off-grid, especially as feed-in tariffs shrink. Currently my grid charge is a big drag on my home energy spreadsheet. It also cost several thousand dollars to get my new house on the grid. Future batteries could provide an alternative.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.06
Change
0.040(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $9.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.04 $3.12 $3.02 $47.88M 15.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 321604 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 269930 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.