PLS 3.02% $3.07 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-38835

1. 378 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Anti-EV hysteria is pretty funny really. One of the videos above listed a problem of EVs that they have too much acceleration! This is a new one for car reviewers and revheads. In fact there are plenty of cars on the market which have quite a high number for 0-100 so it's an even sillier argument.

I'd only want a lower-spec EV anyway, they are cheaper. Depending on how you use them, the newer "budget" EVs (Dolphin, Ora, MG4) can be comparable to a fossil fuel car for cost of ownership. The generation after that should be able to flip the equation, and fossil fuel vehicles will be in the expensive market sector. Maybe it will force the industry to concentrate on luxury models for a niche market of petrol and diesel nostalgia fans. I'm not sure of the timing for that, maybe three years for new EVs to be marketed as cheap, and fossil cars to move into discretionary/niche.

Also with the "burning battery" argument, insurance and fire department/emergency stats show petrol/diesel fires are SIXTY times more likely. Even with ageing EVs and damaged batteries, they've got a good head start on fire safety. If you're worried about your car catching fire you should rush to the EV dealer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.07
Change
0.090(3.02%)
Mkt cap ! $9.197B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.05 $3.09 $3.02 $74.82M 24.46M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 750 $3.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.