PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

I agree with Sunny's sentiment; "Why is everyone so hell bent on...

1. 1,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 808
    I agree with Sunny's sentiment; "Why is everyone so hell bent on every thing being solved overnight?"

I have two ICEs. Most Australian families have two cars. One could easily be an EV, especially in a city, because most would only use the same, larger, car for long trips.

I don't have an EV because I am in an apartment block, 60 apartments, 120 car spaces. I have been told our electrical circuit would support charging for only half a dozen cars - to increase that (and bring in bigger power lines from the grid) the upgrade cost would be half a mill or so. And of course the electricity supplier would have a problem doing that to more than a few buildings.

However, we have lots of roof space. It could easily hold a mini solar farm, and batteries. I have been trying to work out what the cost would be - I suspect much less than the half a mill, and in time it will get cheaper (yes, maybe by using sodium batteries, or whatever is best).

So, not now, but in 5-10 years I see this conversion happening. The external grid is not affected - I do not understand the big concern about the huge expense to upgrade the grid. (In fact I believe it is a bit like the shift to NBN - the planning for it failed to understand that 5G was on the way and would render NBN unnecessary in may areas - I know people who bought new apartments supplied with NBN - but instead they subscribed to a 5G plan!).

I think regardless of Govt policy (maybe even in spite of it, and in spite of all the noise by the fossil fuel zealots) over the next decade people will naturally shift to EVs because that is the better solution all round. And the energy will be nearly free. The traditional car makers will catch up with Tesla and BYD, and they will truly provide a great selection of cars to choose from. Business too will move to electrifying everything as it will be the cheaper way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.06
Change
0.040(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $9.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.04 $3.12 $3.02 $47.88M 15.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 321604 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 269930 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.