PLS 0.00% $3.11 pilbara minerals limited

I recently saw an explanation for noobs (i.e. me) about...

1. 359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    I recently saw an explanation for noobs (i.e. me) about resources stocks and the boom and bust cycle. When the price is high all these new producers came in, flooding the market and forcing the price down. Then they go out of business and supply falls so the price goes up. If you survived the bad times, it's time to reap the rewards. It's generally a two-year pattern for all of that to come pass. There are signs that we might now be in that position. In addition, the electrification of everything creates extra demand for lithium which spices it up further than, say, iron ore. Maybe that explains the somewhat shorter period for the cycle, or maybe it WILL be two years, and what we have instead is a higher floor which will linger for several months.

A further factor is the worldwide mania for disinformation about emissions, fossil fuels, environmentalism, populist nationalism, conspiracy theories. It seems some of the people deluded about this are actually very rich. There are plenty of billionaire climate deniers out there. Hating EVs is a sort of red meat macho identity politics position. I really don't know, but I wonder if that denialist BS is fuelling the short sellers, and now reality is about to catch up with them and add another booster rocket to the PLS share price. It's just one more generation of batteries, and EVs will be cheaper to own than ICE cars, moving from the early adopter/poser category and into the mainstream market, and also home batteries will become good value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.11
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.360B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.13 $3.18 $3.08 $89.18M 28.54M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 940080 $3.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.11 223576 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.