PLS 1.55% $3.80 pilbara minerals limited

Nice run on posts talking hydrogen vs battery... I'm watching...

1. 24 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Nice run on posts talking hydrogen vs battery... I'm watching the solid state journey and it'll be interesting to rerun majority of the comparisons again then but on another note...

Has anyone come across any data for the projections of robot adoption expectation and the associated lithium requirement? I'm seeing some serious advancement of humanoids in particular and I wouldn't be surprised to see a high end v1 released to the wider public for specific jobs in the near future. Irrespective on my views here, my understanding is that they run on lithium batteries and I'm curious if any of this has been factored into production capacity.

I'm aware Goldman has forecast an overall oversupply in the short to medium term (will at least from my last reading and not sure if this has been rerated with all the mine shut downs) but I've come across this which seems contradictory to some degree:

"Research by Goldman Sachs suggests that a $US6 billion market for humanoid robots is achievable within the next 10 to 15 years.Initially, of course, demand will come from the industrial sector. Yet among its predictions, Goldman Sachs forecasts that by 2035, humanoids could help fulfil 2 per cent of global elderly care demand.
    "

imo and genuinely curious how to make sense of the current projections. I also think $6bn is a very conservative number but interesting nonetheless.

source for quote excerpt:
    https://www.macquarie.com/au/en/insights/are-we-turning-a-corner-on-the-humanoid-robot-age.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.80
Change
-0.060(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $11.43B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.79 $3.82 $3.73 $57.00M 15.04M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 69737 $3.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.81 38473 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.80
  Change
-0.060 ( 1.42 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.80 $3.82 $3.73 3913253
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.