PLS 5.84% $2.90 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-40926

1. 3,076 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1571
    Most on here with an EV won’t be bothered to reply to your baiting … but … well I couldn’t resist the opportunity you present.

Re charging of an EV and the source of that charging - yes solar recharge for me and using panels that were sold secondhand by someone who wanted to increase their yield/m2. Suited me fine because I have plenty of roof space and can happily accomodate the older 200W panels - outcome … use of panels that might otherwise have been “junked”, cost of panels around 1/10th of new price, panels happily recharge EV on solar at very minimal cost.

Friends used to say “But how long does it take to recharge - I ain’t got time for that!”.

I’d reply “Takes me about 10 seconds to recharge the car”.

Of course they’d be curious or incredulous or at least surprised and say “How on earth do you do that?”

And I’d reply “‘cause I just plug it in on the way to the garage door - what it does after that I don’t care because it’s always ready for me when I come back out and unplug”.

You suggest it would take a long time to recharge on solar at home …. Nope, it takes as long as it needs but the reality is I’m not using it while that happens and I’m also not holding a hose in a smelly petrol station. The time to recharge is just dependent on daily average driving distance needs. See unlike a petrol/diesel car where you can’t just top it up a bit more while at home, these fandangle EVs are like the old horse transport in that regard … they can top up with a bit more juice any time they are home but unlike a horse and cart the EV doesn’t need to be watered and rubbed down and coaxed to come out for a ride - you just plug in on the way to the garage door.

I think you may be missing the point of these cars - very few owners run them to zero and then wait around for them to fill back up again. Is that what you are used to in your ICE? If so, are you fully refilling the tank every day?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.90
Change
0.160(5.84%)
Mkt cap ! $8.731B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.83 $2.90 $2.80 $106.1M 37.06M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 325534 $2.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.90 158813 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.