PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

Looking a little further to the future: Take Pakistan. Next to...

1. 11,115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2037
    Looking a little further to the future: Take Pakistan. Next to the Nordic countries there is no better region to build hydropower stations/dams than Pakistan, given much of its border runs along the Himalia's and the great glacial rivers emanating from it. And that's just what they're doing. Sure, it will take time to expand and complete their current hydro projects, due to recent abnormal weather events and financing issues, but they are forging ahead regardless.
    General politics of Pakistan aside, they are true believers in GW; more so now after circa 40% of the entire country was recently flooded. A country slightly bigger than Queensland of 250 million souls they import circa 80% of their fossil fuel requirements, which is extremely costly and a massive atmospheric pollution problem when weighed against the much cheaper, cleaner hydropower - for which their geography and water supply are equal to or better than the Nordics in terms of hydropower (in transparency I have not done an analysis of a direct comparison between the two).

But to my point: Pakistan has a large population (circa 250 million). They share a border and trade with China where cheap EV's are made. Ergo, as Pakistan continues on their path towards growing their hydropower grids it may/might/could replicate the Nordic EV take-up experience - with a much larger sample size biggrin.png.

"Oh, how I miss those rather splendid afternoons out hunting hill bandits in the mountains of the Hindu Kush, but we killed none. For the Khan and I it was all about a lavish lunch served by his retinue, an exotic cheroot while we took in the snowcapped view and the chance to breathe clean air, absent the impenetrable smog of Peshawar City."
    Author unknown

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.