PLS 2.96% $4.18 pilbara minerals limited

Patience, Giobria, we are almost there. The downward price curve...

1. 335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 173
    Patience, Giobria, we are almost there. The downward price curve is unstoppable. Within a couple of years EVs will have a cheaper drive-away price than the equivalent ICE car. With the lower cost of ownership, EVs will be the natural choice for most buyers. Those who like ICE will pay a premium. By 2030 that process will have advanced even further. According to futurist Tony Seba, the manufacturing of ICE cars will no longer be viable in 2030.

Energy storage will also be so cheap that it will transform the system, even make it optional for many households and communities to be on the grid.

Lithium will be in high demand, batteries which use it are improving, and they retain an edge over emerging technologies.

All of this will happen because of technology and markets. Politics and the environment are important factors, but it will happen even without those catalysts. Even without subsidies it will happen.

It is also going to be globally interesting: petro-states, including Russia and middle east oil exporters will lose influence. It looks like the US and Europe are lagging, they will lose industrial strength compared to China. If legacy car-makers resist and stick with archaic fossil fuels, they will only make it worse for themselves. The decline of American manufacturing caused by globalisation will continue. Australia has already gone through that trauma, so I expect EV adoption to be less painful here than in the US. I am not happy about the rise of China, but my assessment is that decision was made more than 30 years ago, when leaders like Bush Sr and Hawke/Keating pressed ahead with globalisation even after the Tiananmen Square massacre.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.18
Change
0.120(2.96%)
Mkt cap ! $12.58B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.13 $4.20 $4.11 $86.61M 20.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1408666 $4.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.19 165878 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.18
  Change
0.120 ( 3.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.12 $4.20 $4.12 4580071
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.