PLS 0.95% $4.16 pilbara minerals limited

The arguments for and against full EV, plug in EV (PHEV) and...

1. 2,960 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1331
    The arguments for and against full EV, plug in EV (PHEV) and non-plug in EV (hybrid) are as myriad as the different driving needs and wants of the buying public. Basically none of them is the perfect solution for everyone’s needs.

For some the full EV is appropriate (perhaps they have solar on roof fully paid off and excess energy available beyond house needs which thus causes transport “fuel costs” to be minimal or nil).

For others perhaps they have no access to simple charging ability in a “garage” in which case super efficient ICE cars (smaller usually) or a “standard” hybrid is most appropriate.

For others perhaps they have a standard daily driving range which is fully able to be accommodated by the pure EV range of a PHEV but also at times travel longer distances and so the ICE engine/generator of the PHEV is beneficial whilst offsetting increasing fuel prices by the standard daily drive being fully electric.

And then there are those who genuinely need an ICE (non-hybrid) due to lack of options with large towing capacity vehicles (but of course in Australia with the tax advantages given to “tradies buying dual cabs” in some cases that “genuine need” is probably not a real “genuine” need.

With no local vehicle manufacturing industry worth noting in Australia, the range of vehicles that will be available to the buying public in Australia will be dictated by global trends … and with the incoming fuel efficiency standards for Australia becoming more in line with “developed world” global standards that range of cars is going to change. I suspect it will see more of the “genuine needs” for a larger ICE vehicle being somewhat reassessed by the buying public.

For me personally, a PHEV suits us well and has for 4 years. Daily driving range basically paid for at nil cost from solar but still sufficient driving range and towing capacity for the “weekend to not be ruined” . But equally, I’m happy to switch to a full EV when one with the specifications I want is available in Australia. I am not worried about “range anxiety” in the slightest nor daily recharge needs - we already just take 10 seconds to plug in that car each time we come home and 10 seconds to unplug - and only visit a petrol station when travelling further afield.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.16
Change
-0.040(0.95%)
Mkt cap ! $12.47B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.18 $4.19 $4.13 $14.01M 3.374M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
70 182591 $4.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.16 50589 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.04pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.18
  Change
-0.040 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.19 $4.19 $4.13 1312432
Last updated 12.22pm 21/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.