PLS 0.69% $2.87 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-42557

1. 1,099 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 809
    "The hybrid path allows for service stations to convert to fast charging stations imo."

I don't think service stations in the city have much of a future.

I am landlord for one, and have a 10+10 year contract for the lease. I fear that after the first 10 years they will not renew and I'll be stuck with an unrentable asset, and if I want to convert it to a different land use it will take years (and loss of rent) to remediate the site to remove the contamination.

I think maybe in 10 years half of the city servos will close down because charging stations will spring up in more convenient locations - shopping centres, theatres, sporting facilities etc where people are likely to stop for a few hours.
    They will be needed mostly by travellers only, and they will also be catered for by hotels/motels.

The servos on the highways will be ok, especially those like in Europe that have more to offer than those next to macca or kfc.

In the small towns maybe one or two servos will survive to cater for travellers, as most locals live in houses and hence will likely have their own solar system.

The location of my servo is on the exit side of a mid size town so it is unlikely to be useful for charging travellers' or locals' EVs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.87
Change
-0.020(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $8.638B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.79 $2.92 $2.78 $84.74M 29.64M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 173645 $2.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.88 30000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.