PLS 0.00% $3.02 pilbara minerals limited

Can anyone explain to me the disconnect between Lithium prices (...

1. 4,784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 512
    Can anyone explain to me the disconnect between Lithium prices ( which are slowly drifting lower) and stock prices ( which seem to be on a bit of a bounce over last few days)????

Now I get that the US inflation read, coming under expectations should be a positive for Lithium producers, because the next interest rate move will be down, so costs increases should be slowing and cost of finance improving, but the figures were hardly an out of the park home run on the inflation side of things, so am I missing something????
    I sort of felt something in my waters a couple of days ago that a turn in sentiment was happening, and opened a new position in a PLS competitor in Arcadium which has seen a nice bounce, and I am contemplating doing a top up on PLS and agree with some comments here that PLS will do better in a low price Lithium scenario than some of its competitors as it has a distinct production price advantage and fully expect some more of the higher cost producers, especially any with costs above $1000US /t to really be considering care and maintenance as an option.

Christopher

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.02
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.090B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ $3.04 $2.96 $82.00K 27.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 9562 $3.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.78 892 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.00am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.