PLS 1.99% $3.08 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-45453

1. 11,398 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2083
    I note that the US is adding 1,000 new EV charging stations per week; the current total stands at 192,000. Bucket loads of cash is being thrown at the sector with the aim of having between 500,000 and 1.6 million chargers over the next 5/6 years.
    As a comparison, China went full toggle on charging stations early in the EV evolution to encompass chargers in even the remotest villages in order to eliminate rage anxiety to encourage take-up - and it worked a treat.

Occam's razor would then dictate a similar dynamic transpiring in the US as they roll out their charging infrastructure. So, even though Chinese EV's will be limited by excessive tariffs the growth of charging stations will give the US legacy manufacturers encouragement to get their EV production and pricing right. In which case I would discount the current slowdown in US EV excitement as purely temporary. One way or another the US government will want all those new chargers to be used, and they will continue to support the EV growth story. Even if it's just to flip the bird at the Chinese in the geopolitical game of one-upmanship.

Do we really think the US will let China beat them at the automobile, mass production game they invented wink.png.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.08
Change
0.060(1.99%)
Mkt cap ! $9.273B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.00 $3.08 $2.99 $63.97M 20.91M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200 $3.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.08 287572 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.