PLS 0.37% $2.67 pilbara minerals limited

Exactly. Reduces demand to increase grid.I would like to see the...

1. 1,391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 961
    Exactly. Reduces demand to increase grid.

I would like to see the analysis & projections of how much the grid needs to increase. Some is needed because of natural increase in population and some because of EVs. But ...

You would think solar farms can be placed adjacent to power lines, and existing coal and gas generators.

Also, with more houses having solar, it would be cheaper for govt to subsidise that rather than increasing the grid. If every one of the 8 mill freestanding houses and townhouses has a 10kw solar system, that generates 80gw of power, more than what the opposition says is needed

But then the energy companies don't make any money.

I was angry when in the 70s (I think) they brought gas into Canberra and tore up every street to put the pipes in so every house could have gas. At the time I said it would be far cheaper to place a gas power plant on the outskirts of Canberra, since every house is already wired up.

But no - the energy companies got their way - they prefer to charge 100,000 households the retail price for the gas, instead of wholesale price to the gas power plant.

Also the expense of managing 100,000 additional accounts and meter readings would have been avoided.

Who benefited from all these shenanigans?

Don't let them do it again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.