1. 4,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1286
    Lithium Junior Miner News For The Month Of March 2021

Mar. 26, 2021 6:43 AM ETABEPF, ALLIF, ARYMF...8 Comments10 Likes

Matt Bohlsen
    Marketplace
    Follow

Summary

• Lithium prices surged higher the past month.
    • Lithium market news - UBS forecasts overall lithium demand to lift 11-fold from ~400kt in 2021 through to 2030. Carmakers desperate to find reliable EV battery supply.
    • Junior lithium miner company news - Ganfeng completes purchase at Sonora (JV with Bacanora). CATL maintains its 8% ownership in Neo Lithium. AVZ signs second binding SC6 Offtake Agreement.
    • Piedmont Lithium raises A$159 million with Public Offering of American Depositary Shares (each ADS representing 100 of its ordinary shares). Standard Lithium successfully produces >99.985% purity battery quality lithium carbonate.
    • I do much more than just articles at Trend Investing: Members get access to model portfolios, regular updates, a chat room, and more. Get started today »

Photo by MF3d/iStock via Getty Images​

Welcome to the March 2021 edition of the "junior" lithium miner news. I have categorized those lithium miners that won't likely be in production before 2022 as the juniors. Investors are reminded that most of the lithium juniors will most likely be needed in the mid and late 2020's to supply the booming electric vehicle [EV] and energy storage markets. This means investing in these companies requires a higher risk tolerance, and a longer time frame.
    March saw lithium prices surge higher and lots of good news from the lithium juniors.
    Lithium spot and contract price news

During the past 30 days, 99.5% lithium carbonate China spot prices were up 6.42%. Lithium hydroxide prices were up 8.09%. Spodumene (6% min) prices were up 11.96% over the past month.
    Fastmarkets (formerly Metal Bulletin) reports 99.5% lithium carbonate battery grade spot midpoint prices cif China, Japan & Korea of US$10.25/kg (US$10,250/t), and min 56.5% lithium hydroxide battery grade spot midpoint prices cif China, Japan & Korea of US$11.50/kg (US$11,500/t).
    Benchmark Mineral Intelligence as of Mid-March reported lithium carbonate prices of US$11,700/t (technical grade) to US$12,625 (battery grade), and for lithium hydroxide prices of US$9,625/t, and for spodumene-6% no figure was quoted (for January it was US$415/t, latest reports I have heard is that the price is now ~US$510/t).
    Lithium carbonate & hydroxide, battery grade, cif China, Japan & Korea

Source: Fastmarkets
    Lithium market news

For a summary of the latest lithium market news and the "major" lithium company's news, investors can read my "Lithium Miners News For The Month Of March 2021" article. Highlights include:
    • Battery grade lithium carbonate prices (Benchmark Lithium Carbonate, Battery Grade, EXW China, ≥99.5% Li2CO3) increased by 68% in the first 2 months of 2021 in China on the back of high battery demand.
    • Carmakers desperate to find reliable EV battery supply.
    • Investors see ‘gold rush on steroids’ for green battery metals.
    • U.S. looks to Canada for minerals to build electric vehicles -documents.
    • UBS forecasts overall lithium demand to lift 11-fold from ~400kt in 2021 through to 2030.
    Benchmark Mineral Intelligence lithium demand v supply forecast

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.11
Change
-0.090(2.81%)
Mkt cap ! $9.360B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.15 $3.17 $3.06 $206.5M 66.15M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 212414 $3.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.12 1870994 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.