PLS 2.86% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

A snippet from Nissan website,A"Solid"SB will have double the...

1. 8,984 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4436

A snippet from Nissan website,

A"Solid"SB will have double the energy density versus current "liquid" lithium-ion batteries. Charging time will also be greatly reduced to one-third, enabling customers to make longer trips with increased, convenience, confidence and enjoyment.

By all accounts on the website, they aim to improve the battery as above, but they do not mention materials, other than thrifting cobalt. They do mention other companies racing to develop and commercialize ASSB, and all the companies I'm aware of, are developing lithium based SSB's.

As per diagram in LocksmithTrader post, high nickel cathode paired with lithium based anode, replacing graphite in the anode. Using lithium in the anode paired with next gen NCM cathode chemistry substantially increases energy density. Therefore you get more wh/kg, which means smaller/lighter battery packs relative to current high performance NCM battery packs.

Nonetheless, and while SSB are described as the holy grail of batteries, Nissan and many other OEM's have/are investing in SSB R&D, but they are not there yet, though 2028 seems reasonable to me, we'll see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.