PLS 0.00% $3.10 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-9593

1. 857 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 631
    @kyle5035

Yea somewhat agree. I think communication from management been a bit disappointing for the start of this year - we're nearly at the end of April which makes it a little frustrating. Ie. Ken says at previous quarterly there will be a BMX auction by end of quarter - that obviously didn't happen. I saw a recent preso he did at the start of this month and he said a couple of weeks - now it's slated for end of this month... Fool me once...

AKE on the other hand had their strategy presentation earlier this month - which cleared a hell of a lot up. For once I think AKE communication with the market has actually been better than PLS. I've held both AKE and PLS for an extended period - and that has been my biggest bug bear with AKE (GXY) the unclear communication - PLS may unfortunately be taking a leaf out of AKE's book simply due to things outside of their control - ie. the oft mentioned labour shortage.

However, if labour is our biggest issue. Why not incentivise the fk out of employee contracts to 1) retain talent; 2) attract new talent? Everyone sees where the spod price is going, PLS could obviously afford to share the wealth with their employees - which as an owner of the company I'm all for if we get the talent on board that we need to get more tonnes shipped (ie. nameplate). I know Ken has talked about staff incentives in the past - is what they're offering working? If the next quarterly blames labour shortages for this coming quarter guidance - I guess we'll know the answer. Note: I'm not blaming them for last quarters results - given McGowan just recently opened borders - and there would be a certain amount of onboarding that a majority of these roles would entail.

Anywho as I so often mention in my posts I think continued patience with this one is key. Ken did say that we'll have a FID on P680 this quarter + a FID on P1000 in the December quarter. He also mentioned that P1000 could be up and beginning to ramp by EOY 2023. I actually emailed investor relations a couple of months ago about P680 and they said that they had already commenced studies/work on P680 before Ken even announced it at the start of this year - so hopefully with the labour shortage in Ken's mind at time of announcement he may be able to stick to this timeline of FID by end of this quarter. Hopefully Ken/whoever takes the reins can stick to these promises (for lack of a better word) - as that is when we'll really start to see a monumentally healthy balance sheet.

I urge everyone in this forum to actually voice your concerns to investor relations - if they get the same/similar questions from multiple investors they're more likely to address at next weeks quarterly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.10
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.335B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 23755 $3.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.87 3410 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.