PLS 0.26% $3.89 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-37343

1. 326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1472
    I don’t intend to be insulting, but I don’t think that you understand the tech behind SS batteries.

First and foremost, the QS technology might not utilize NCM technology, but it utilizes a high Lithium electrolyte, in addition to a Lithium anode, so for us as PLS investors, their technology would be great.

As it turns out, I am invested in a solid state battery company that is much further along in the OEM testing process (production line A cells that BMW has accepted and is currently testing in Bavaria). They have two types of SSB they’re testing. One is a high silicon anode design while the main design being tested is a Lithium anode. Both designs utilize an NCM cathode.

The QS announcement the other day was really tripe thrown out to feed the layman. Solid Power (and BMW) and a small Korean firm are actually in OEM testing of production line cells, which is “real” auto testing. QS and VW are testing handmade test cells, not production line cells. Solid Power and the Korean firm may be in the bottom half of the table, but at least they’re in the Premier League. QS is top of League One.

At this point, we’re in a place where the various technologies are all over the place, and it’s hard to say what will emerge as the “best” technology. As with most industries, the most likely outcome is that multiple technologies will be adopted. MAYBE we will emerge with sodium ion batteries working for vehicles that are tiny and only have 200 km or less of range, a few manufacturers will stick with existing battery tech because they’ve already built the plants, and several manufacturers will use SSB technology.

Lithium looks safe, for now, and NCM will always have a market, because the NCM cathode is high energy density.

At the end of the day, everything is an unknown risk that we have to worry about, and I hope that our Lithium investment will be successful. That’s the only thing I KNOW for certain!

Best regards!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.89
Change
-0.010(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $11.70B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.91 $3.92 $3.87 $36.68M 9.413M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 279061 $3.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.90 28100 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.91
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.23 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.92 $3.92 $3.86 2883707
Last updated 15.59pm 28/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.