TVN 0.00% 5.9¢ tivan limited

Good News for TNG?, page-133

1. 4,348 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3051
    They run pretty hot by the sounds of things - Placing these in say the basement of a building I could see drawbacks, however installed outside I think they'd be OK - although in very cold environments, who knows. IOW there are risks inherent with all battery types & I have to wonder if they would outweigh what could be achieved with economy of scale with alternative solutions which included ramping the supply chain (ie TIVAN/VRFBs)
    The same group (Ambani, Gates et al) are also big on ESS batteries which are a flow battery like VRFBs but using Iron instead of Vanadium (FeRFB? IRFB?).
    That article referred to further above quantifying the multiple Carbon reduction benefits of mobilizing more Vanadium really is quite encouraging.
    Will TIVAN lead to more Vanadium flow batteries? - I think the potential here is as follows & TBH this is without looking at what Vanitech have been doing which I'm sure they have done a lot of this work already :
    • Lab tested & optimized hydrometallurgical process separating out 3 commodities from a single ore body with potential to be adapted across other mineral deposits
    • Very high grade on all 3 outputs opening up opportunity for use in other value added applications with minimal additional refinement in order to be a precursor into existing processes, including energy storage (think VRFBs & Iron Flow Batteries), Ferro-Vanadium, Titanium Dioxide pigment.
    • The ferro-vanadium component a very good additive to produce high strength steel thus reducing the overall carbon footprint for required steel strength.
    • Vanadium deposits appear to be geographically distributed so opportunity for localizing mines/refineries with value added industry as per above.
    • Lower carbon emissions than conventional processes as a result of less ore needed to be mined
    • Recylability - the comment about US steel being 93% recycled was significant - re-use of Vanadium/Iron means there is no real ened of life risk even if major investment is made in Vanadium production ramp & VRFBs. In fact I'd be very interested to understand the flow battery structure of VRFBs vs Iron Flow batteries - is there potential to simply swap out the liquid storage medium - ie mass build out of Vanadium flow batteries, replacing the vanadium & recycling, with a lower cost Iron medium - I don't know if this is possible but I think if TNG/SMS have the potential to be a leader in both fields as they have both Vanadium & Iron extraction technology in TIVAN at low cost, high grade.

Thanks for posting, you've given me a lot to think about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $101.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 5.9¢ 5.9¢ $32.5K 550.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 99206 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 794 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.49am 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.