LYC 3.00% $6.86 lynas rare earths limited

I would not argue. Lynas is a buy if you don't have what you...

1. 6,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 998
    I would not argue. Lynas is a buy if you don't have what you want. But anyone putting money here to play EVs is missing out on many other opps that are better. This is not a back up the truck stock at this point.

I did my analysis pre facto.

The cause of yesterday's SP action on ASX and OTC is undoubtedly the announcement of movement on KAL kiln and BLJV. Keep the announcements coming!

However, many like myself were already rebuilding trading positions and this SP move is a combination of motivations, FOMO included. With solid support and less-solid resistance, it's a good time to buy; that's somewhat less true than when it was half the current price just 4 months ago, but it's been a laggard in the sector and looks interesting here.

Where to from here though? Nobody can be sure what announcements are coming. Amanda needs to correct her course on IR and communications. That said, SP-moving announcements could come from any number of Japanese entities. Like Yamaha successfully challenging Bosch. More from Toyota and Honda who are picking up the pace of electrification with strong Sino-collaborations and ROW. Fuel cell fleets and cheap green hydrogen are in the news frequently of late.

Probsbly moist importantly, ROW DyTb-NdPrFeB supply security just got a big lift in the news with confirmation US support for HREE BLJV. Supply security is huge. Full suite magmetals is huge.

HOWEVER, until BLJV is in production, still years away, Lynas NdPr needs Chinese DyTb. That's why Byd Toyota looks interesting in the short term to me, although I expect the impact to be large and long term.

Definitely a LT BUY if you don't have any.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.86
Change
0.200(3.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.412B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.72 $6.90 $6.72 $35.19M 5.141M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1605 $6.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.86 65562 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.86
  Change
0.200 ( 3.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.72 $6.90 $6.72 1399403
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.