good news, page-22

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Well said Kincella. Since there are so many property experts calling for the end of the world, it makes me wonder where they have parked their money in the mean time. Since we are on a share forum, I suppose i could assume in the share market. Go back 10 years ago and a lot of blue chips are around the same level (many below).

I have held both and to date, property is way way ahead of shares. And over that time, i have seen capital growth plus dividend growth (rental growth). I scoffed at my real estate agent last year when she told me how much rent i could get for my place. I just couldn't believe it (happily surprised). The rental growth over the past 6 years has been incredible (inner city)

I have learnt the hard way in a lot of areas, but i have learnt that property is a long term investment. It is exciting to think what kind of rents i will be receiving in 10 years time. And any capital growth will be a bonus. But, i don't worry every day of the week whether my property is going up or down and looking for 1% swings.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.