good news, page-25

1. 937 Posts.
    Yes

If CBA shares were acquired at initial release (about 1991 for $5.40) the dividend now would be about 60% of the cost price for THIS year on its own.

The average house price in Sydney in 1991 would have been around maybe $200,000 so to be equivalent it would have to deliver about $120,000 in rent just for this year and be worth about $1.8m.

CBA is the clear winner.

Kincella - another thing I would do differently if I had it over again would be rent and buy every CBA share in 1991 that I could get my hands on - imagine how much in dividends that would have accrued to reinvested into CBA shares.

If my auntie.......but I didn't do it.

Conversely, imagine if one invested that money in 1991 into Pan Pharmaceuticals, Nylex , etc - would be a very different outcome.

A person who invests and spends has the joy of both worlds...the same for those that invest their funds into property (at least own home) and shares IMO.

A balanced approached has saved me many 'what ifs ' but has stopped me from the highs but also protected me from the lows.

Disclosure: I bought lots of CBA in the GFC at around $25 and sold them for about $58-59 or so - CBA does well in the future with my best wishes and memories.

I don't love or hate shares or property but they are both useful vehicles.

best to all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.