BMN 3.77% $2.48 bannerman energy ltd

As I last remember it BMN's stated go-forward point was around...

1. 1,381 Posts.
    As I last remember it BMN's stated go-forward point was around $75/lb to get an NPV that would (just) encourage a decision to mine. IIRC the break even NPV point was low $70's.

This was given an opex of about $42/lb so the remaining difference is in capital value and other misc costs.

The best way to find other companies break even points is to look at their PFS or DFS. Anything else is likely to be speculation.

I used to be across them all in more detail but havent bothered too much since fukushima. I believe paladins is somewhere in the 50's given they are doing ok but not printing money.

The LT price I believe is currently $60 or there abouts. You can check it out on uxc.com or tradetech. Spot is around $50-51. The LT price movements tend to lag the spot price movements - i.e. they dont track each other on a daily basis

Pre-fukushima the LT price was $72 and rising. In other words BMN looked viable, especially when you considered the HEU downblending programme was to cease in 2013.

The only real hope at the moment is
    1) management pull off a miracle and bring the costs down somehow
    2) HEU downblending ceases as planned in 2013 and its supply is not replaced by some other similar (american) programme (which may already be happening)
    3) Japan and other countries turn most of their reactors back on.

If japan leaves 52/54 reactors mothballed forever then what china builds in the next 5 years or so will only replace some of that demand for uranium, not grow it as was previously expected.

At the moment there are a lot of variables in play that have a big impact on BMN that are well outside of managements control.

The interesting thing is if their DFS comes out materially unfavourable, it may actually make it harder for them to raise capital in the future to go into hibernation or exploration. That risk may be why they have raised capital just a short time before the DFS is released.

It would be nice to see them at least get their mining license, even if everything else is up in the air for some time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.48
Change
0.090(3.77%)
Mkt cap ! $442.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.44 $2.54 $2.43 $1.569M 633.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 82 $2.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.50 1500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.