SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Good News, page-44

1. 3,193 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    Important information below in black:

Also one poster stated that this review could carry on for years, I agree and people always find another way to sue the crap out of each-other to drive legal bills, insurance costs and fraud in general. People are broke and will find anyway to make money via slips, work related accidents and so on. SGH will always have a market when money is your business. I was personally in an accident in 2007 and SGH looked after my car related case and i was awarded $50,000 they took $25,000 in fees and all the other rip off related bills they charge so tell me if it lawyers are "going broke"

Cash payouts for whiplash injuries could be banned

Car insurance bills could come down by as much as £50 after the government unveiled plans to ban cash payouts for whiplash claims.

Whiplash costs the insurance industry around £2bn a year, or an average of £90 per policy, “which is out of all proportion to any genuine injury suffered,” the government said.

In measures announced in the autumn statement, George Osborne said the government will consult on ending the right to cash compensation for minor whiplash injuries.

“This will end the cycle in which responsible motorists pay higher premiums to cover false claims by others,” the Treasury said. “It will remove over £1bn from the cost of providing motor insurance and the government expects the insurance industry to pass an average saving of £40-£50 per motor insurance policy on to consumers.”

The average motor insurance premium in 2014 was £372, according to figures from the Association of British Insurers, so a £50 cut is equal to a 13% fall in cost.

But there are fears that the change will result in the small claims courts becoming clogged with whiplash cases instead.

It is also unclear how much of the benefit will be passed on to drivers. Last week, accountants EY predicted that motorists faced an inflation-busting 8% surge in the cost of insurance next year, with many insurance firms unprofitable on current rates.

Reductions in the cost of whiplash may be offset by rate rises, leaving many motorists little better off

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.