CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

good night and good luck

1. 843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    This will be my last post on the CDU forum and I should probably point out that what follows is purely my opinion, for what it's worth.

For the new people - and there seem to be a lot of new holders both in the cheer squad and the opposite camp of late - I'm not a holder and never have been. Just an interested observer of CDU since the days of its meteoric rise with its first resource announcement in 2006 and it's subsequent fall back towards earth courtesy of the revision of that announcement. So feel free to put me on ignore by all means. Though you needn't bother, as I won't be venturing in here again (apologies in advance for not answering any replies).

I've found it interesting to watch the CDU threads since the long-awaited JORC update. Back in the old days, it seemed almost everything CDU-related hinged on the coming JORC. It would settle much of the debate, and we would see "who was right and who was wrong". There was constant talk of $10 share prices and massive dividends and predators lurking, ready to pounce on CDU once the JORC was released. Now it seems like quite a few of those same posters would like to disown the JORC, or reinterpret it. (An aside: I always hear an alarm bell go off anytime somebody tells me why the rules don't apply to them or why one particular case is different to the many others that have gone before, and thus is not to be measured by the same measuring stick everybody else uses - but that's me.)

A few posters, myself included, had the audacity to voice concern over the constant delays in releasing an updated JORC-compliant resource and even suggest it might disappoint, given the high expectations - fuelled in no small part by the company's management. And to urge caution - that the stock could fall significantly if such concerns proved valid. For this we were derided as "downrampers" by many one-eyed holders, accused of having some hidden agenda or otherwise had our motives questioned. I mention this because I see it is already happening again to those asking some hard questions, especially if they don't hold the stock. How quickly we forget. Had the advice of the "downrampers" been listened to a while back, rather than mocked, many people could have saved themselves from significant losses. You might wish to consider that as you boast about the size of your ignore list. And for the record, I'm not a trader or a financial professional of any stripe. Just a humble buy-and-hold type investor trying to make a quid. The only shorts I have are the ones I'll be wearing soon when the weather warms up.

The reason the JORC hadn't been released was because there would instantly be a low-ball takeover offer once it was, many posters told us. The company's management were cunning and awake to this danger and that was the reason for the delay. There was a lot of - in my opinion - irrelevant talk about Sun Tzu and trusting in your General and the like. I think the facts of the JORC and the market reaction to it now speak for themselves. There is no need for me to add anything more on that count, other than my condolences to those who have suffered heavy losses.

I have heard takeover rumours and conjecture about this company for years now. It didn't take long for it to resurface again here. The company is in play, so we've been told on this forum by at least one poster who, to my mind, appears to spend a good deal of time questioning the motives and credibility of others and indulging in conspiracy theories but by his own admission was very, very wrong about the JORC. I think that speaks for itself too, and is worth keeping in mind for the future.

Personally, I'm yet to notice any new substantial holders declared on the register, and if any of the existing ones have increased their holding I've missed those notices too. Easy to do amid all the clarifications I guess. I do wonder why the volume of shares changing hands seems to be dropping, even though the share price is lower now than the closing price on the first few days after the JORC release (the low didn't come until about four days in). If the predator was scooping up shares at $2.50, wouldn't they be still doing so around $2? But what do I know about predators...

For myself, I see no point in posting on this thread any longer. Quite apart from the apparent legal dangers in doing so if you're not speaking about the company as all sunshine and rainbows, there just is no need in the wake of the JORC update and share price implosion. In my opinion, anybody still holding after that will get all they deserve - and yes, I do realise that can be taken two ways - and that's how I intend it to be taken. That would have given almost anybody who held the stock pause for thought. Many appear to have sold, but many have held too. If the events of the past month haven't changed your mind about this stock, then I believe nothing will. So to those who lost money I say again I'm sorry to hear it. To those hanging in there I say, as I did before the JORC update, that I sincerely do hope all your dreams about CDU do one day come true, and all the very best of luck to you. Please note, that's not intended to be sarcastic. I wish losses on nobody.

But for me and my money, those events have confirmed my own decision to steer well clear of CDU. Good luck with your own decisions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.