CXO 4.17% 11.5¢ core lithium ltd

Agree.amidst the current fear and panic that has been going on,...

1. 3,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3422
    Agree.

amidst the current fear and panic that has been going on, I decided to look at some asx200 companies and how they fared during the GFC. Looking at the charts, many dropped about 40% - 50% during this time, yet not only did they recover, but many would kick on to reach new high’s.

The same thing will happen in the current market. Whatever the coronavirus fear does to the market, it will recover and continue to kick on upwards.

And this is what is meant by both crisis and opportunity: the crisis being the big hit our portfolios are currently taking, the opportunity being potentially once in a decade, even once in a life time opportunities to buy sound stocks at crazily low levels.

So I have money on the sidelines and am tracking these stocks, ready to take advantage of an irrational and fearful market. Those who bought at the bottom during the GFC would have made squillions. If coronavirus fears send the market low enough, then there could be squillions to be made here too.

Not cross-promoting but as an example, at one stage today nab bank was just $2 off it’s all time low which occurred not long after the GFC. At one stage today westpac bank was the lowest it has been in 11 years...Over the coming months I will be looking to pull the trigger if asx200 stocks like these end up at ridiculously low levels.

So if anyone is interested, google some asx 200 stocks, look at the max chart and see how you would have fared if you had bought them in H2 2008/Q1 2009. It’s true some have not bounced back since the GFC (such as bluescope steel & Rio Tinto, although even if you bought Rio in Q1 2009 you would still be up 85% today plus all those years of divvies), but most did.

Opportunity

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
-0.005(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $246.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 12.0¢ 11.3¢ $1.220M 10.57M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
110 6252092 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 695532 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.