I fail to see the problem . The word ' marriage ' is used in...

1. 36,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I fail to see the problem . The word ' marriage ' is used in many other contexts and I don't hear people complaining about that . E.g. Marriage of companies .

Maybe if we let them get married they will shut up and we can move on with more important things . It is my understanding that they have all the other rights of a married couple so it really will have no effect on anyone else . Some people might see that as the shouty , whiny gays having their way but everyone else is losing absolutely nothing if the rule changes .

The fact that gay people can marry will have zero effect on everyone else's life .

As to the church supposedly owning the word marriage , well I'm not to sure about that . What about all the couples who " live in sin " and are accepted by the church ? They aren't married and theoretically they should be . I don't hear anyone complaining about that . You know , the ones that go to church at Christmas and attend weddings and funerals at churches etc .

This gay marriage thing is such a non event .

As to Margaret Court's view , that is her right to have that . I do wonder if she avoids using the products of all companies that support gay rights ?

That would be a big ask .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.