Good opportunity to withdraw cash from super, page-7

1. 11,995 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1711
    josh, you might find some good commercial property investments will become available during these Coronavirus times. Some highly geared investors will be forced to sell.
    Starting a SMSF is easy, just contact your accountant, transfer all existing super funds into that account. I personally prefer commercial property against residential property due to length of leases, leasor protection far outweights residential landlord protection. Returns on the investment is usually far better. The Leasee always pays overheads like Council rates etc.
    Spread your investments.
    Forget cash, shares are good but don't go into risky miners. (I've done too much capital on risky miners) Good miners like RIO, BHP, FMG are OK, but only buy in times of panic, wait until theres a meltdown and everybody is wetting their pants, never buy when theres exuberance and the market is high. Bide your time.
    Don't pay more than $1500/pa in accountant fees, anymore than that look for another accountant.
    My accountant suggested a SMSF to me about 20 years ago, I followed his advice it was the best decision I've ever made.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.