CAZ 0.00% 1.5¢ cazaly resources limited

good or bad , page-33

1. 4,923 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 213
    half cooked? i dont think it it even made it into the oven

looks like Freo is a definite no

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/9458957/no-conflict-over-buswell-decision-premier/

Premier Colin Barnett has rejected suggestions of a conflict of interest over Transport Minister Troy Buswell's decision to block bulk iron ore exports out of Fremantle Harbour, which was announced after his partner Adele Carles called for the move.

Ms Carles, the independent member for Fremantle, called a press conference yesterday afternoon to criticise plans by aspiring miner Cazaly Resources to ship 1.4 million tonnes of iron ore through the inner harbour for a year.

When contacted by media later that afternoon, Mr Buswell confirmed that the Government was also opposed to the proposal, prompting Opposition accusations that Mr Buswell was compromised by his personal relationship with Ms Carles.

This morning, Mr Barnett rejected the notion and said he was not concerned that Ms Carles had raised the issue with Mr Buswell.

"No, a local member can raise a matter with any minister in Government," he said.

When asked if the Government should have announced its position before Ms Carles called her press conference, Mr Barnett said: "The Government can't account for when Adele Carles makes statements to the media. That's not our issue. Cazaly wanted an answer and they got the answer and the answer is no.

"There's no conflict of interest there, there's a decision of the Government as to whether Fremantle inner harbour is used for bulk iron ore exports.

"I don't think the people of WA would expect to see bulk iron ore transported through the inner harbour."

Mr Barnett said Mr Buswell had had raised Cazaly's proposal with him twice and he agreed with the Minister's position. He had some sympathy with the company having to seek other export options because of a lack of capacity at other WA ports.

Mr Buswell said he did not tell Ms Carles of the Government's position before she called her press conference.

"I'm not in the nature of talking about Government business to people outside the Government," he said.

"I can't control what backbenchers choose to do in terms of their engagement with the media.

"I attempt and spend a lot of effort trying to separate my professional life from my personal life, as I'm sure a whole range of people in my community do."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.