Good People are out there

1. 60,083 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    Hope it's just not in my area.

Quick trip the shopping centre, get back to the car and it will not start. Starter motor was turning over so obviously battery was fine.

While doing bit of investigation and identifying what might be wrong and trying to start it, I had a person ask if I was ok, just me but I knew I would work it out so said so and Thanks.

Concluded the car was going no where under it's own power, As it's 6pm and too late to call a mechanic I could just leave the car there. Humm it could get vandalised over night, that would not be a bad thing if vandalised so it was a wright off. Decided to get a tow

Sitting in the car bonnet up looking up towing services on the phone, young guy (late 20-30's) with girl freind in car pulls up along side and asks if I'm OK. Me "cheers, Thanks I'll be right"

Tow truck Turns up in no time, Bugger truck is too high. Quick chat and we make a plan, he needs to turn the truck around (not simple in that spot), Reverse up and I push the car out from the under cover area.

Fortunately it was a bit down hill to get the car into position, managed to do it myself and got close to the desire position. Humm best I put on the warning lights as I will be blocking traffic. Tow truck is in position and I'm all good, Another guy a bit further up calls out "Need a Hand? Me Thanks I'm good" think he then noticed the Tow truck and he gave me a wave.

Maybe that is Karma because I will often offer help to people but if not it's great to see people offer help to strangers.

Side note, tow truck got there quick because he lived close by. Turns out he use to live on my street.

Also as we chatted the subject turned to to birds as in Seagulls and Magpies, well the was my cue for the joke "what do you do if a bird poo's on your windscreen. Well bugger me first time some one not only knew the answer but a better more elaborate one than mine

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.