PLV 0.00% 1.2¢ pluton resources limited

good read, page-12

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    It doesn't just happen with HC. It happens in other anonymous forums too where some companies are seeking the identities of posters.

As a matter of facts, even an anonymous poster in another forum got a Court order to get the identity of another poster for what he claimed was a defamatory statement.

For what I know, it all ended up costing the initiator of the litigation, (the one seeking the identity of the other one) to be out of pocket by a large amount of money.

The point that annoys me the most in these instances though, is the fact that where Companies and it's Directors are involved, the shareholders are the ones who are having to fork out for the bills of all the Legal costs. No the initiators!!!
    And that, IMHO, sucks up big time. For, if they win, they will keep whatever will come their ways, but, if they loose, it will cost them nothing. Shareholders will pay!!

There has been another time where Directors took court action in suing some anonymous posters for defamation damages causing huge stress and financial hardship to a particular shareholder.

Not long after, and from memory, there was a Board Spill where the Board was thrown out altogether and replaced by a new one. And guess what...... the new Board made the decision to cancel/stop that litigation altogether immediately, and sued the previous Company Directors while telling them that they would have to refund all of the Legal costs paid by the company on their behalf, and the wasted Company's time.

As they say, there are times that, what goes around comes around.

IMHO, if a Directors wants to sue someone else for defamation, let them do so. That is what democracy and freedom of speech is all about. But, and only But, they will have to pay all the Legal fees out of their own pockets. Not expecting the shareholders of a company they work for, to pay for it all.

dyor!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.