Ultimately boils down to detail on how the Voice is to apply to...

1. 9,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18243
    Ultimately boils down to detail on how the Voice is to apply to the every day workings of government, a bit like the republican vote where most Australians wanted a republic - yes I know the No vote at the time believd all 55% of Australians who voted No loved and adored the Monarchy bla bla bla - but many in the yes camp voted no at the time because details were scant on what a Republic meant in terms of mechanisms of government and/or did not like Parliament deciding the 'President'.

A bit like here - detail on how and what the Voice actually means is very very very scant. Without more understanding on how the "Voice' is intended to work I feel it is likely to fail the closer one gets to the vote if details are not provided. Just take the article below - it will aid the No case in making Australians uncertain of what the Voice means - the scare campaigns will run deep is my point if more details are not released. More details on what the Voice means and what does First Nations people advising government about policies affecting Indigenous people actually mean and in what areas is needed - provide actual examples of where this consultation is required to occur would be a very very very good thing for government to provide to the community.

Also what happens when Government disagrees with the views of the Advisory body the Voice establishes since theoretically it has no power to overule Parliament (i.e. no veto power) but does it stop there if government disagrees - if Government disagrees does this Advisory body have the power to go to the courts etc etc. Again it is the role of Albanese to provide Australians with the requisite information to nullify the 'scare campaigns' not high level statements that if you vote 'No' you are rascist which is just nonsense.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5360/5360411-76b0607bddee0faf4bef83151cdf8b4b.jpg
    How will the Advisory body be established since First Nation peoples as one like to refer to Australia before Captain Cook was infact a series of separate States. How we the Advisory body be constituted and who are its representatives, and how will disagreements in the Advisory body itself be dealt with??.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5360/5360412-2fdc2614d1f6e07a6e6fa3f5bd7eb597.jpg

Personally, I felt i.) Mabo would have addressed and improved the lives of Aboriginal People and I just wonder where all the monies derived from Mabo actually went (whose pockets did they align and why hasn't aboriginal well being improved from monies there), ii.) as would the government programs been done fro State and Federal budgets, and iii.) even the 1967 Referendum. If the Voice doesn't improve aboriginal well being, assuming it gets up, then what??? Sometimes you have to help yourself, rather than dwell in the past. Most Nations have a history, and many move on - WW1, WW2 etc etc etc

The crime statistics are appalling to say the least, and will the Voice been passed reduce crime? There are more issues involving aboriginal health and well being that need to be attended to, and I personally see the Voice as a 'feel good' measure that will not achieve anything in this area (without active action by government to improve aboriginal well being).

People intergrate. Australia current population has more than 50% of peoples either born overseas directly in the now and/or are first or second generation descendants of migrants, and I am not sure what the Voice actually means to them, especially those coming from war torn countries etc etc. Directly, about 30% of the current population were born overseas, hence why I say taking the next generation or two makes it well over 50% - 30% of Australia's Population Born Overseas | Australian Bureau of Statistics (abs.gov.au)

All IMO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.