WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

good recovery on a weak day, page-2

1. 9,508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    Hi Mike,

Welcome back to WSA and I hope you will not stay a bit longer around....lol

The Nickel price is the only gloomy part of WSA otherwise we are part of probably the best Nickel producer on the ASX imho.

Its good to know that most Nickel producers here in Australia have a production cost of around 3 times the cost of WSA with some laterite producers even higher then this.

This knowledge alone should insulate us more then most Nickel producers on the ASX agains a lower Ni price.

Like you say when most other Ni producers have stopped mining, WSA will still make a profit.

There is also no reason to believe that the Ni price will stay low for the future. Imho we will see Ni firming once again in the second half of this year as most Ni producers will just not be able to make enough money at current prices.
    We are already seeing some Nickel miners postponing projects like Felix resources.
    I anticipate more of the latter in the future if the low Ni prices persist for longer.

WSA has next to the low production cost also a dream growth story that alone is any Ni miners dream

If the can pull off to increase of Ni production from the current 8000 t/pa to 35000 t/pa within 3 years then this is a real star performer.

I believe the only thing from stopping WSA from making this a reality is not their abililty to do so, but a take-over which would put an end to it all.

WSA is my prefered Ni exposure and will be for some time to come

jojo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.