good ridance to harvey norman

1. 11,969 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 235
    Businesses sprout, bloom, prosper and die. Its part of the innovation cycle. It is said in the US that 15% of jobs are destroyed and 15% created every year.

HN was innovative and killed off lots of Retravision and other little businesses. Thats fine thats competition. He had a better model.

I have bought things at HN, price was good but pushy incentivised salesmen tried hard to cross sell worthless extended guarantees, high interest finance, overpriced adaptors and cables.

I took something back to HN under guarantee once. I had to fight for my statutory guarantee. While standing at the returns counter (that looked like a pawn brokers waiting room) I met the hard edge of HN. The staff tried to mislead me about my rights and I watched them lie to crying, poor housewives about their's.

I came to the conclusion that its a Spiv business not worthy of any respect and to be avoided where possible.

A good guide to determine which business values customers and which ones want to manage the customer problem is to phone up and see if you are speaking to a person or a machine.

These Spiv shops are coming to an end. Online retailers are politer, cheaper, better range and more convenient. They will probably want the rules changed to protect their life, no way, times up.

Good riddance to HN.

bacci

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.