PER 0.00% 10.5¢ percheron therapeutics limited

good shake out , page-72

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Fair to say, expecting "argy bargy" on today's announcement was something of an understatement...

As I see it, today witnessed a rush on the free-float...and I can see this continuing for the rest of the week.

What this basically means is that of the 100m or so shares probably freely available to hit the market at a whim prior to today/s announcement, a large portion of this has likely been transferred from the shadow-jumping ultra-short term types, to larger, "market mover" types.

I would not be surprised if we attracted some local, and potentially international, junior biotech followers...if not at least one major pharma Co.

This does not mean they will not also throw their shares in and out of the float at a whim, but they are more likely to do so in a more "sophisticated" manner.

The morning sell-down was classic flush and reset activity in my view...and they would have pushed this much lower if they could have got away with it...but, the nervous free-float was potentially smaller than expected...and eventually, buyers simply got in the way. This created the measured support line below which the games became expensive, so the large players went into immediate accumulation mode.

Their MO is push-pull trading...buying 5 and selling 2 over and over...all the while lifting shares from back pockets of DT's, nervous and/or less experienced types.

I have said this many times before...sometimes the best way to buy shares is to sell...but this only works whilst you are able net-buy more than you sold, typically by generating a sell-down via stop-loss triggers, etc...

Genuine buying has a funny way of getting in the way of such plans.

Anyway...its all done and dusted now...some have won, others have lost...and here we find ourselves, once again, sitting on a new closing high.

Life can be much easier than we make it sometimes...the secret is to just let it do its thing!

The most exciting thing for me today is the major change that has been heralded...everything changed today...particularly the profile of the register.

Those traders who were stepping in and out of ANP for swings in the millions, are now only doing so in the hundreds of thousands...and maybe not too far down the track, the typical trader size parcels will be measured in the tens of thousands...this is the usual pattern.

The key for successful stocks to finally break free of the ball-and-chain of a massive register and free-float is to achieve sustained buying and accumulation...ever and over...and to date, ANP has done it perfectly.

The free float was likely to be as big as it is likely to ever get again today...it was an opportunity I am sure the market will collectively look back on.

I experienced this personally with both PDN and FMG...and specifically remember the day a little diamond stock called FMS (1c), experienced a major re-rating on the back of what appeared a positive, yet hardly ground shaking change in circumstance (from diamonds to iron ore)...and frankly, I did not expect any of these stocks to reach the highs they did.

I see today's announcement of results as a significant change in circumstance for ANP, and whilst it is hard to put a number on a moving target, it is so far away for me I really don't care to try.

My guess is we have genuine long-term buying surrounded by significant trader interest...and in time, this solidify today's changes.

The informed end of the market will try to put a semblance of measure on ANP and ATL1103, and can now do so with a degree of confidence. Because of this, ANP can look forward to a partnership of one sort or another, based on a far more representative and perhaps realistic measure of value.

We must congratulate the board for holding out for a better deal too...they know more than any of us what we are potentially sitting on.

And we still have the cancer trial results to come, although we do not need this to put away a significant deal in the favour of ANP and her shareholders...positive results however would really be the icing on the cake.

Not over by a long way.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PER (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $94.66M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 9.8¢ $58.09K 574.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 38503 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 194063 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PER (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.