OIL 5.41% 17.5¢ optiscan imaging limited

Good signs ...., page-716

1. 1,723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    As you know, the SP of any listed company is determined by several factors. When it comes to tech, projected sales is difficult, but often the major contributing factor to extremely high SP levels.

There are many biotech companies trying to prove their tech works, and on much higher market capitalisations than OIL. There is a chance their tech won't even be proven to be effective, but they get funding and market support for the future potential.

My point is, being cash flow positive, although essential for large long-term SP gains, if management ensure the tech continues to be developed, the 'business plan' has clear targets to achieve the goal of delivering the tech to the market, and the market is huge, the SP will be supported as each step is passed.

For OIL, that first step is the Melbourne study getting completed and discussions with the FDA to design the US study. Will there be a need for a CR - definitely. Will there be a problem raising funds - nearly zero chance I'd suggest.

Impatient people will sell. Will this see the SP fall further - perhaps. Will the SP be supported though by all of the above points- we'll see, but I'm backing OIL over a biotech with a drug in stage 2 trials.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OIL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.