GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

good sized move coming?

1. 6,043 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    Here is an interesting summary for Gold and where it is potentially heading.

This beats watching the cricket any day.

Place your bets...

The tremendous consolidation and current coiling action in gold makes us sure of one thing. A good sized move is coming up. I've drawn two key trend lines on the weekly chart above. As long as we are above those up channel lines, we should assume a fall rally. The end of August is notorious for a steep drop and reversal for gold. Keep your eyes open. Should there be a big thrust down towards the lower channel lines on the chart above, and then a subsequent reversal and turnaround back up in early September, then the odds will greatly increase that the fall rally is under way.

On the upside, traders and technicians are looking at this triangle formation that has developed on the chart. Moves above the 975-985 area would greatly favor an upside breakout and moves above the 1075-1100 would be indicative that the next leg of the gold market has begun.

Conclusions

The gold market is close to starting a good move. Many participants are expecting an upside breakout. While that may well be the case, make sure you keep your eyes on the downside too. The "inflation" scenario is a crowded one and the dollar bull is a rare specie at this time. While I won't argue the inflation point, I want to see price confirm such an occurrence.

On the chart there are two channels that are PARAMOUNT to an uptrend support. There is also a blue horizontal line showing support at the 850 level. Should we begin to break these red trend lines, especially the lower one, it will be a warning to gold bulls that all is not right underneath. This is especially important this time of the year as gold is usually strong after August. Should a drop occur in the next few weeks that hold's any of these support areas, it just might end up being the low before the fall rally. However, any break of the 850 area would be a warning shot across the bow that gold's seasonal move would be in serious trouble. So keep your eyes on the 850 - 880 - and 925 area in gold.

If these support areas hold and gold breaks above the triangle lines and 975- 985, the upside will be the odds favored move in the coming months.

http://safehaven.com/article-14235.htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.