ORL 0.00% 43.5¢ orotongroup limited

Just finished up at the ORL vip fashion season launch. Although...

1. 4,283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Just finished up at the ORL vip fashion season launch. Although quite sparse thought it was really enjoyable. This is one issue for me. Is there a strong brand loyalty with ORL. Staff there have stated that it is a family brand ie the grandman, mom and daughter all grow up with it. But there doesn't seem that there is any excitement from customers at the event...

Talked to the regional manager who explained the direction of the brand especially its rebranding strategy. Less discounting and more emphasise on customer care and brand value. Don't know how this will go down with more emphasis on margin then sales. Is the brand strong enough for customers to purchase products at full price? If you go to David Jones you can see the competing leather brands right next to each other. What makes ORL products sell better then these which are all at similar price points? Rose Bryne is the brand ambassador and apparently for several seasons now. Everyone at the store agrees that she is the perfect fit but I wonder if management can quantify whether she has added brand value to ORL? Her limited edition line handbags I believe only 200 made have been selling like hotcakes. That's what should be doing with everything. Talk to both stylists about the brand. Stylists were there as part of the rebranding strategy with more customer intimacy.....what sort of marketing ratios are we going to see going forward. We all agreed that the Rose Byrne collection was pretty fully sick. ORL need more of that with lines that really connect with the customers. Very hard to do....

One thing I noticed when talking about the product styles, designs and production....they have started selling blends. She stated they haven't really done that. I could be wrong but my feeling is cost cutting in production. That's just an assumption but also could be the texture and form and fit of the fabric the designers wanted. Learned so much and recommend anyone to do some fully sick scuttlebutt by going to your nearby ORL store and talk to the staff. They will definitely be informative and friendly.

Wow this post went overboard! But ORL is definitely not a buy in my eyes....could be wrong....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.