GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

good to see gunns in trouble, page-2

1. 4,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 359
    And may the pox be upon you to Munns!

I bet you haven't studied the consent process at all. The conditions were stringent to say the least and Gunns are almost through the hurdle.

I wish them well and openly declare that I am a shareholder...but I studied this issue very carefully before I invested and came to the conclusion that this WILL BE the most environmentally friendly mill in the world.

In making my decision to invest I also came to these conclusions:

Like oil and sex, timber is an absolute necessity...you will NOT stop society from wanting it.

So the choices are clear...accept Gunns timber or import the stuff from an Indonesian or South American rainforest where the devestation is CRIMINAL.

I flew over Indonesia in 1997 when they had a massive fire caused by these illegal loggers and it was just devestating to see.

I support your cause to probably 80%...but geez, get real man...isn't it better to acquire timber from a mill that has massive environmental and revegetation constraints than a group of natives who are raping and pillaging a rainforest with no understanding of or concern about the rampant damage they are doing?

And then there's the "support Aussie" argument, but I suspect this will mean nothing to you.

So, Munns...here's a couple of suggestions for you: Join the Peace Corp, enlist with the Red Cross...even think about becoming a forestry officer so that you can monitor what Gunns are doing.

Whatever you do, do it with a better perspective than what you have expressed here on Hot Copper.

As the song says..."accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative."

Wishing you a positive and rewarding 2009.

This pulp mill will be a world leader in has the potential to

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.