DCG 0.86% 29.3¢ decmil group limited

Good value? The post-$1/share apocalypse

1. 453 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    Hi everyone, this post is a follow-up to the "Good value at $1?" post. I think we can all agree that good value for DCG is now well below the $1 mark.

I started following this stock about a month ago when it was flagged by a recommendation crew (normally a pretty reliable lot) as a Buy under $1 (the SP bump someone queried in an earlier post from about a month ago). As always I checked the HC forum to make a slightly more informed decision (admittedly it's also information I take with a pinch of salt). I'd like to thank overloaded and crumbed cutlet for your unremitting pessimism - it's what swayed me to sit and wait rather than piling in right before the stock went south of $1.

Towards the end of the last discussion I noticed that those two posters were the only ones present once their predicted Doomsday scenario had been realised - to the victors the spoils, I suppose... Anyways, there were two comments raised that I'd like to bring up as part of the discussion about what DCG's true value looks like in this current climate. One was the (clearly a long term buyer and holder of DCG) poster who mentioned Buffett's business advice of buying when everyone is selling (as long as the underlying fundamentals are there). I agree. It's the only reason I'm still vaguely interested in this stock - I think it MAY have SOME long term potential (certainly not short term). I'd be interested in people's analysis of underlying fundamental value.

The second point I'd like to consider is far more worrying - the accusation of nepotism at the top levels of management. This is clearly not conducive to productive leadership, so if anyone can substantiate that I'd be very interested to see it. Some might make the argument for family-run businesses (I won't), but generally speaking it's not a good sign.

So to summarise, I'm still interested in this stock, I think it may have a way to fall yet, but as a contrarian investor this also holds promise over the long term. I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts, especially the aforementioned detractors, particularly concerning what you'd like to see happen to make this a Buy (IYHO).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.3¢
Change
0.003(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $45.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.0¢ 29.5¢ 29.0¢ $91.22K 312.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 2725826 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.5¢ 842274 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.49pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DCG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.