SWM 0.00% 17.5¢ seven west media limited

Good volume today, page-21

1. 447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    Depending on the chart setup, a buy signal can be first indicated when price rises just above a 28 or 30-day moving average. This was the signal I took last year with BSL around Oct 12 around $12.15. BSL rose some 30% after that before I exited based on a Guppy CBL breach at $15.69. However, back in Oct 12th, BSL was still above the 200-day moving average, hence much healthier than ailing SVM.

Note how SVM has on various occasions rallied to close just above the 30-day MA, but was subsequently smashed back down. This is the price investors pay when attempting to enter short-term rallies when price is still below a down-sloping 200-day MA. Short sellers use these counter-trend bear rallies to add more short positions.

A share price chart is not only a proxy for investor sentiment, but often the financial health of the company. As U.S. trend trader Larry Tentarelli says; "Bad things happen below the 200-day MA." Think TEN, the TV network who was permanently suspended from quotation. The TEN share price was trading below the 200-day MA for several months.

SWM has a lot of catching up to do before I would even consider buying it. As a minimum, SWM would first need to reclaim the 200-day around $0.70 to $0.75.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.