HLX 0.00% 0.5¢ helix resources limited

Good week, page-13

1. 541 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1418
    11up – I don't think we have tired management - but if they are it wouldn't be helped by public criticism, repeatedly, in a forum where they can't defend themselves. There's enough bad stuff happening in our country at the moment. Let's not use social media to criticise managers who are trying to keep the the lights on, by running Australian businesses.

IMO, public criticism of management doesn't help exploration companies make commercial discoveries or otherwise do better. There are much better ways to get the best out of people. It's also not good for the share price - no surprises there.

Lack of awareness of the speeding ticket issue does not, in the circumstances, raise "serious questions". It was very embarrassing and it shouldn't have happened but it was not altogether surprising, given Helix is a small explorer with minimal staff, who were likely to be on leave on 2 January when the ASX sent the letter.

Everyone is entitled to some leave and I don't begrudge management taking a short break at that time of the year. It's hard to pick an ideal time. The ASX gets substantial listing fees and it would have been nice if they'd got on the phone, in the circumstances, to ensure the letter was seen straight away. How hard would that have been …?

Let's keep our perspective here. Companies are never run perfectly so let's focus on what's crucial for success, rather than. slip-ups caused when a company's admin. is run on a shoestring.

I've been a Helix shareholder holder for years, like many here, and I've got millions of them. When I've "killed it" in the past, it's been because companies have had good dirt, and realised that. Helix has picked up very good ground - I'm sure you agree that we've got a very good chance of proving up a commercial discovery. That, BTW, is reflected with 2 of Australia's most successful explorers have worthwhile shareholdings.

For the record, I have no relationship with anyone in Helix (other than as a shareholder) and I don't owe anyone in the company anything - other than general courtesy and the belief that it's more rewarding to be constructive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.