EQN 8.33% 27.5¢ equinox resources limited.

Looks like we have good news, been quietly holding for a while,...

1. 2 Posts.
    Looks like we have good news, been quietly holding for a while, appreciate everyone's contributions... Congrats to holders.

Equinox Signs First Lumwana Concentrate Off-take in 5-Year Agreement with New Chambishi Copper Smelter
    10:00 EST Thursday, February 15, 2007

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - Feb. 15, 2007) -

NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE U.S.

Equinox Minerals Limited (TSX:EQN)(ASX:EQN) ("Equinox" or the "Company") is pleased to report that its wholly owned subsidiary Lumwana Mining Company Limited ("Lumwana") and Chambishi Copper Smelter Limited ("Chambishi"), a joint venture between China Nonferrous Metal Mining (Group) Co. Ltd. ("CNMC") and Yunnan Copper Industry (Group) Co. Ltd ("YNCIG"), have signed a Concentrate Sale and Purchase Agreement (the "Agreement") for about 55% of the copper concentrates to be produced by the Lumwana Mine during the initial 5 years of production.

The Agreement is a 5-year "take and pay" contract which commences from Lumwana commissioning scheduled from July 01, 2008. The annual commitment to Chambishi will be 100,000 tonnes of copper contained in concentrates, which equates to approximately 230,000 tonnes per year of Lumwana concentrates. Chambishi will charge Lumwana copper treatment and refining charges to be determined annually based on global benchmark terms. Refer to the October 2006 Technical Report on www.sedar.com for details of Lumwana concentrate.

The Chambishi Copper Smelter is a new Zambian partnership between CNMC (60%), which has been operating the Chambishi Copper Mine since 1998, and YNCIG (40%), currently China's third largest copper producer and smelter operator. Construction of the Chambishi Copper Smelter commenced in December 2006 and will utilize ISAsmelt technology which is a proven technology in the copper smelting industry and one which YNCIG uses in China. The smelter is expected to begin production in late 2008 and produce 150,000 tonnes of copper metal per year.

Lumwana, owned 100% by Equinox, is located in the North Western Province of the Republic of Zambia. The Lumwana mine will produce an average of 169,000 tonnes of copper metal per year contained in concentrates for the first 6 years of its 37 year mine life and construction is on schedule for commissioning in Q2 2008.

Commenting on signing the Agreement, Craig Williams, Equinox President and CEO said, "This Concentrate Offtake Agreement represents the coming together of two important new projects underpinning the growth of the copper industry in Zambia. It also cements a strong international alliance between Zambia and the sponsoring companies from China and Canada/Australia. The Agreement is of particular significance to Equinox, securing offtake commitments for a substantial portion of Lumwana's concentrate for the critical first 5 years of production. We look forward to forging a strong operating relationship between CNMC, YNCIG and Equinox."

On Behalf of the Board of Directors of Equinox:

Craig R. Williams - President & Chief Executive Officer

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EQN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.5¢
Change
-0.025(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $33.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.0¢ 29.0¢ 26.0¢ $77.70K 278.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 96040 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EQN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.