AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

goodbye "strong result"?, page-21

1. 2,426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 504
    @SJILASX I highly recommend you read carefully the company presentations/reports, they stated clearly that in order to reduce risk, stage2 will consist simply in a doubling of the current primary circuit (the one producing technical grade lithium), and they wont build another purification circuit.

This means that stage2 COMPRISES/INCLUDES nameplate stage1. I cant emphasize this enough, it seems many posters on hotcopper are ignoring/not understanding this fact: NAMEPLATE STAGE1 at 17.500tpa BATTERY GRADE is PART (and a necessary condition for the success) of stage2, the other part is producing 25.000tpa technical grade lithium using only the newly constructed (copy-paste) primary circuit. 17.500tpa + 25.000tpa = 42.500tpa.

Now if you understood what I stated in the previous two paragraphs, you should now be worried about the company not only not achieving nameplate stage1 at 17.500tpa at any % distribution of battery grade/technical grade, but also they are unable to achieve 100% battery grade production from just 12.300tpa production rate !!!

Unless I am missing something big, how the hell they would be able to increase production from currently 12.300 tpa from the primary circuit to 17.500 tpa and purify everything and build another primary circuit able to produce 25.000tpa technical grade (notice the dichotomy between 17.500tpa and 25.000tpa another puzzling piece from the company targeted numbers)...If they want investors to take them seriously, they should start first by proving the concept of stage2: achieve stage1 nameplate and then build stage2 as a copy-pase of the stage1 primary circuit, not start stage2 and hope for stage1 to improve substantially and miraculously once you feed the plant with more brine from the newly constructed ponds...

Personally I dont buy the "pond limitation" excuse of management for not achieving targeted stage1 nameplate, if that was the case, they should start by proving their ability (at least in a short period) to produce 100% battery grade...IMO they cannot...
    Last edited by DoctorFouad: 26/08/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.