AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

goodbye "strong result"?, page-22

1. 3,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3013
    We are going around in circles.
    You think the issue is with the processing plant
    I think the issue is with the pond system
    You complain that progress is too slow however I believe that what you are suggesting would take 18 months before S1 name plate can be reached if the problem is the ponds.
    So let's say the BOD follows your advice and only builds enough additional pond capacity for S1 to assuage your concerns and prove the process correct to your satisfaction. Only then should they attempt a stage 2 expansion so realistically your timeline would see S2 commissioning in 4 - 5 years time.
    You seem to think the wells are just an unconstrained tap and management can simply increase the flow to the processing plant, so the plant must be the issue.
    Its seems clear to me from my research that management are making cost benefit trade off decisions to squeeze as much brine flow through to the harvest ponds at the minimum Li concentrations and maximum impurity levels that the plant can handle - hence why that severe rain event had such an impact on output and quality.
    The claimed requirements for a significantly higher proportion of pond area vs output capacity as evidenced by the 9km2 addition for 22.5ktpa vs 4km2 for 17.5km2 stage 1 initially constructed indicate the current limitations. It also shows they are willing to adapt the S2 flow sheet parameters based on their operational knowledge despite your insistence S2 will be an identical duplicate.
    Orocobre was the first operator in 2 decades to successfully enter production in an industry with closely guarded proprietary systems. I believe they got the pond system (including liming) requirements wrong.
    What is apparent is that you are unwilling to attribute any of the lessons learned from operating stage 1 to their ability to improve the flow sheet for stage 2.
    I do not believe you have an understanding of the sensitivity or complexity of evaporation pond operations.
    Get the liming ratios wrong and you have a major issue dealing with magnesium levels 12-18 months down the line which restricts the ability to produce BG Li2CO3 within spec.
    A greater proportion of ponds for the combined S1 & S2 operations provides flexibility to have the right concentrate available and suitable for economical purification of the primary grade product at all times through the use of more than a dozen harvest ponds.
    My final point is that Toyota would not be stupid enough to finance S2 and break ground on the Naraha Hydroxide plant if they were not completely satisfied that the S1 issues could be rectified through the construction of S2 especially given the output quality and quantity dramas already experienced.
    Worst case and it turns out that you are correct and it's not the pond & liming stage at fault, Orocobre will be able to rectify any of your insinuated plant limitations with the benefit of appropriate post evap concentrated brine flows but without the massive time delays.
    Again I appreciate your concerns as negative opinions help me question my judgment and fortunately for you there will be no financial impact to your circumstances as a non holder.
    AIMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.